If you have any questions about our site, please contact us using the contact details provided below.
INFORMATION ABOUT US
Our site is operated by Ashtons Legal. We are a partnership offering legal services throughout East Anglia and have offices at Bury St Edmunds, Cambridge, Ipswich and Norwich. Our contact addresses are available through our site. A list of partners’ names is available at each of our offices.
ACCESSING OUR SITE
Access to our site is permitted on a temporary basis only, and we reserve the right to withdraw or amend the service we provide on our site without notice. We will not be liable if for any reason our site is unavailable at any time or for any period.
We seek to make the site as accessible as possible. If you have any difficulties using our site, please contact us using the details below.
RESTRICTIONS ON USE
You may use our site for lawful purposes only. As a condition of your use of our site, you may not use our site:
- for any purpose that is unlawful under any applicable law or regulation;
- in any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect;
- for the purpose of harming or attempting to harm others in any way;
- to transmit knowingly any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, malware, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs, software code or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
- for purposes of promoting unsolicited advertising or any other unauthorised promotional material or sending spam;
- to simulate communications from us or another service or entity in order to collect identity information, authentication credentials, or other information (‘phising’);
- in any manner that disrupts the operation of our site or business or the website or business of any other entity;
- to promote unlawful activity;
- to represent or suggest that we endorse any other business, product or service unless we have separately agreed to do so in writing;
- to gain unauthorised access to or use of computers, data, systems, accounts or networks;
- to attempt to circumvent password or user authentication methods;
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
You may print off copies and download extracts of any page from our site for your personal reference only. Accordingly, you must not use any part of the materials on our site for commercial purposes without obtaining our written permission to do so.
You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
Our status and that of any other identified contributors, as the authors of our site or of material on our site must always be acknowledged.
Use of any trade marks and trade names (registered or unregistered) used on our site is strictly prohibited unless you have our prior written permission.
SUBMITTING INFORMATION TO THE SITE
While we try to make sure that our site is secure, we cannot guarantee the security of any information that you supply to us and therefore we cannot guarantee that it will be kept confidential. For that reason, you should not let us have any patentable ideas or patent applications, advertising or marketing suggestions, prototypes, or any other information that you regard as confidential, commercially sensitive or valuable (Unwanted Submissions). While we value your feedback, you agree not to submit any Unwanted Submissions.
We may use any Unwanted Submissions as we see reasonably fit on a free-of-charge basis (bear in mind that we have no way of knowing whether such information is confidential, commercially sensitive or valuable because we do not monitor our site to check for these matters). Therefore, we will not be legally responsible for keeping any Unwanted Submissions confidential nor will we be legally responsible to you or anybody else for any use of such Unwanted Submissions.
RELIANCE ON INFORMATION POSTED
Nothing contained on or within our site shall be taken to be or constitute legal advice.
While we try to make sure that our site is up-to-date and free from bugs, we cannot promise that it will be. Furthermore, we cannot promise that our site will be fit or suitable for any purpose. Any reliance that you may place on the information on our site is at your own risk.
Commentary and other materials posted on our site, on any third party website which has a link to or from our site or emailed to you (e.g. updates or newsletters) are provided for your general information purposes only and not intended to constitute technical, financial or legal advice or any other type of advice and should not be relied on for any purposes. We therefore disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on such materials by any visitor to our site, or by anyone who may be informed of any of its contents.
While we try to make sure that our site is available for your use, we do not promise that our site is available at all times nor do we promise the uninterrupted use by you of the site.
Any of the material on our site may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update such material.
INFORMATION ABOUT YOU AND YOUR VISITS TO OUR SITE
We may from time to time provide interactive services on our site, including, without limitation:
- The events page on our site.
- Ashtons Legal Online Tracking.
- Updates and newsletters regarding any of our practice areas.
- Ashtons Legal Online.
Where we do provide interactive services we will do our best to assess any possible risks for users (and in particular, for children) from third parties when they use any interactive service provided on our site. However, we are under no obligation to oversee, monitor or moderate any interactive service we provide on our site, and we expressly exclude our liability to the fullest extent permitted by law for any loss or damage arising from the use of any interactive service by a user in contravention of our content standards.
The use of any of our interactive services by a minor is subject to the consent of their parent or guardian. We advise parents who permit their children to use an interactive service that it is important that they communicate with their children about their safety online.
VIRUSES, HACKING AND OTHER OFFENCES
You must not misuse our site by knowingly introducing viruses, Trojan horses, worms, logic bombs or other malware or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our site, the server on which our site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our site. You must not attack our site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack.
By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our site will cease immediately.
We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a distributed denial-of-service attack, viruses or other malware or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our site or to your downloading of any material posted on it, or on any website linked to it.
LINKING AND FRAMING TO OUR SITE
You may link to our home page only, provided you comply with the following conditions:
- no such link creates a frame or any other browser or border environment around the content of our site;
- no such link implies that we have some association or relationship or endorse your products or services or any of the products or services or any of the products or services of, or available through, the website on which you place a link to our site;
- no such link displays any trade marks or logos used on our site without our written permission or that of the owner of such trade marks or logos;
- no such link is placed on a website that itself does not meet the requirements in these terms;
- You use best practice when linking, eg avoid using vague terms such as 'click here', which do not inform the user that they are leaving the website and redirecting to our site.Instead, use clear wording alongside any link to our site, eg ‘For further information visit Ashton Legal’s website’.
We reserve the right to require you to immediately remove any link to our site at any time, and you shall immediately comply with any request by us to remove any such link and take such other action as we may reasonably require.
If you wish to make any use of material on our site other than that set out above, please contact us using the details below.
LINKS FROM OUR SITE
Our site many contain links or references to other websites and resources provided by third parties. Any such links or references are provided for your convenience and information only. We have no control over the contents of those third party websites or resources, and accept no legal responsibility for any content, material or information contained in them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them. The display of any link and reference to any third party website does not mean that we endorse that third party’s website, products or services. Your use of a third party website may be governed by the terms and conditions of that third party site.
SUSPENSION AND TERMINATION
LIMITATION ON OUR LIABILITY
Nothing contained on or within our site shall be taken to be or constitute legal advice.
To the fullest extent permitted by law, we exclude all conditions, warranties, representations or other terms which may apply to our site or any content on it, whether express or implied. We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a virus, distributed denial-of-service attack, or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our site or to your downloading of any content on it, or on any website linked to it.
We assume no responsibility for the content of websites linked on our site. Such links should not be interpreted as endorsement by us of those linked websites. We will not be liable for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
Different limitations and exclusions of liability will apply to liability arising as a result of the supply of any service to you, which will be set out in our terms and conditions of supply.
JURISDICTION AND APPLICABLE LAW
If you have any concerns about material which appears on our site or general questions, please contact us by:
• e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Telephone : Vicki Clover 01603 703244
Thank you for visiting our site.